Donna G. Heller
Phoenix Divorce Lawyer – Family Mediator
Divorce, family law and estate planning and their solutions are anything but a one size fits all proposition. It is important that you know and understand the various options available to you.
Regardless of the approach, please let us know how we can assist you in the following areas:
- Uncontested Divorce
- Powers of Attorney
- Estate Planning
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements
- Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Other Estate Planning Issues
- Legal Separation
- Uncontested Divorce
- Property Division
- High-Asset/High-Net Worth Property Issues
- Complex Property Division
- Pre-Divorce Planning
- Child Legal Decision Making
- Parenting Time and Parenting Plans
- Grandparent Rights
- Non-Parent and Third Party Rights
- Child Support
- Spousal Support/Alimony
- Paternity and Unmarried Parents
- Other Family Law Issues
During her legal career, Ms. Heller has focused on assisting clients to find workable solutions and to resolve conflict wisely and bring organization to getting affairs in order. Decades of experience have taught Ms. Heller many important lessons about relationship-based issues. Whatever the direction of your matter, Ms. Heller will work on her client’s behalf to try to minimize conflict and expense wherever possible.
Ms. Heller has an outstanding track record as an Arizona attorney and mediator and was named a “Leading Lawyer” by the Business Journal. Her vast experience includes virtually all areas of family law, including divorces, contested legal decision making [child custody] and parenting time, spousal maintenance, child support and child support arrears, paternity, complex property distribution issues, post-decree modifications, third-party custody disputes (including grandparents’ rights cases), prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and jurisdictional issues.
Ms. Heller’s legal career includes experience in civil litigation, wills, trusts and estate planning, and divorce and family law. She has a great deal of personal insight and passion for collaboratively seeking workable solutions.
Ms. Heller is especially adept at providing advice to business owners, business executives and professionals in high net worth matters. In her legal career to date, she has come to appreciate the detail and technical involvement necessary to handle complex financially related issues and family dynamics, and as a result, is able to assist clients in achieving realistic goals.
In addition to legal knowledge and experience, Ms. Heller possess compassion for the issues facing families in need of her services. She believes lawyers who deal with individuals and families must first listen to their clients’ wishes and concerns, then provide information to empower each client to reach their goals.
Ms. Heller completed probate mediation training with the Maricopa County Superior Court, a 40-hour family law ACR Certified Mediation Training with Coast to Coast mediation, the Community Mediation Program with the Arizona Attorney General’ office, Full Team Interdisciplinary Collaborative Divorce Training and significant additional communications and substantive legal trainings. Her numerous advanced trainings historically surpass annual legal education requirements for lawyers in Arizona.
Ms. Heller has been involved in various community, civil and professional activities. Ms. Heller also handled the appeal in the often-cited case, Hamblen v. Hamblen, 203 Ariz. 342, 54 P.3d 371 (Ariz. App., 2002), which concerned child support and adoption subsidy issues.
If you would like to discuss your matter, please contact Ms. Heller at 602-453-4200. You may also email her by following the link at the top of this page.
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Honors: Herman Ellis Award for Professional Promise
Honors: Academic Achievement and Leadership
- Temple University School of Communications, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
B.A. (Cum Laude)
Honors: With Honors
Honors and Awards
- Named “Who’s Who of Leading Lawyers”, The Phoenix Business Journal, 2007
- Advanced Practitioner Mediator – Association for Conflict Resolution, 2010-2014
- Advanced Practitioner and Founding Member – Academy of Professional Family Mediators
Professional Associations and Memberships; Current and former
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar, Family Law Section
- Maricopa County Superior Court Roster of Family Law Mediators
- Maricopa County Superior Court Roster of Parenting Coordinators
- Community Mediation Project, Arizona Attorney General, Phoenix, AZ, Mediator
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Phoenix, Arizona
- Association for Conflict Resolution [National and Arizona Chapters and local Board Member]
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Maricopa County Association of Family Mediators
- Arizona State Bar Alternative Dispute Resolution, Family Law and Sole Practitioner Sections
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals of Arizona [Board Member; Secretary 2013]
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- U.S. District Court, E. District of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, summer law clerk for The Honorable William F. Hall (U.S. Magistrate)
- Volunteer Law Project, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, Attorney
- Institutional Review Board, Paradise Valley (Humana) Hospital, Phoenix, AZ, Chairman
- The Maricopa Lawyer, Phoenix, AZ, Writer/Editorial Board Member
- Arizona Court of Appeals, Phoenix, AZ, Student Extern
When you need an Arizona collaborative divorce lawyer or mediator or a collaborative family law attorney or mediator, please call 602-453-4200 or contact Heller Law Office, PLC online for more help.