Phoenix Pre-Divorce Planning Attorney
Caring Scottsdale Divorce Lawyer; Helping You Through This Stressful Time
The end of a marriage can be one of the most difficult and stressful events in life. If you have children, you want to protect them and keep them from feeling pain. The emotions involved can make it hard to think about the legal aspects of divorce. That is why advice from an experienced attorney is so valuable.
At Heller Law Office, PLC & Mediation Instead, LLC, we offer quality representation for people going through divorce in Arizona. Phoenix pre-divorce attorney Donna Heller has years of legal experience, with more than the last decade focusing on family law and related issues. With a solid foundation built on her experience, our firm knows what it takes to protect clients’ rights during divorce. If there are children involved, we do everything we can to shield them from pain.
We focus on problem solving, not just problem spotting. When you come to us, we will sit down with you, listen closely and suggest strategies for approaching issues of:
- Legal decision making [formerly child custody]
- Parenting Time
- Child support
- Spousal support (alimony)
- Property division
- Modification and enforcement of family law orders
To arrange a consultation with a family law attorney, please call 602-453-4200. You can also contact our law firm online.
Offering Full and Limited Representation
As a client-focused Phoenix family law firm, we are always mindful of the expenses and costs associated with divorce. For that reason, we are proud to offer two distinct types of representation, each with different levels of attorney involvement:
- Full representation: Think of this as the traditional model, where your lawyer handles all aspects of divorce for you. Your divorce may be resolved through litigation, mediation or in a collaborative setting. With full representation, your lawyer will be there every step of the way.
- Limited representation: This is a very cost-conscious way of obtaining a divorce. It is less expensive because the attorney’s role is reduced. For example, you lawyer could handle temporary orders, provide consultation on legal issues, or represent you at trial. The key thing to remember about limited representation is that your attorney will help you with certain phases of the case, while you handle other parts on your own.
Pre-Divorce Planning Is Key
To minimize costs and emotional harm, we recommend coming to our office for a pre-divorce meeting. Proper planning can help you avoid a surprise or setback later on by assessing the risks at an early stage. A pre-divorce planning session allows you to communicate all of your concerns up front, so we can begin addressing them right away.
Have You Considered Mediation or Collaboration?
If you and your spouse are able to sit down together and discuss issues, attorney Heller may be able to mediate your case as an alternative to a bitter court battle. Ms. Heller is recognized as an Advanced Practitioner by the Association of Conflict Resolution. This hard-earned designation shows Ms. Heller’s skill and devotion to the mediation process, and her commitment to minimizing conflict during divorce.
Collaborative divorce may be an option for you. In this process, the couple and the attorneys agree to resolve issues without resorting to litigation. This way, the parties are given control of their own future. A collaborative divorce can be largely private, unlike a litigated divorce where extensive disclosures and exhibits can become part of a public record. Rather than the parties expending time and expense to tear each other down, the emphasis in collaboration is on finding workable solutions.
Contact a Scottsdale Divorce Lawyer
When you have divorce questions, call 602-453-4200 or contact Heller Law Office online to schedule a consultation.